Who am I?
I am qualified and registered Nutritional Therapist who uses evidence-based protocols to support your health. I am not a medical doctor. I don’t diagnose or prescribe. My mission is to educate, empower and support you to fully optimise your health so you can feel better than ever as naturally as possible. I help you identify the root cause of your symptoms through comprehensive health tests and support you to address any underlying imbalances through food, lifestyle and targeted supplements. I believe you should be fully informed about all the options available to you so you can decide what’s best for your body. I will have no hesitation in referring you to your doctor should we feel you need medical support (including HRT) and I also partner with excellent private doctors and other practitioners that I refer you to if appropriate.
Who do I help?
I help women (and some men) who are struggling with hormone imbalances (pre, peri or post menopause), digestive issues, auto-immune conditions, infertility, fatigue, weight gain, mood issues, insomnia, anxiety, brain fog, hair loss, joint pain, hot flushes, PMS, migraines and much more. I love working with clients who are 100% committed to their health and want to feel the best they can.
How do I work?
I don’t believe in offering one off consultations (as many other practitioners do). The reason is that we will never get the best results for you by seeing you once. Instead I offer programmes that include functional health tests that will help us work out what is causing your symptoms, so that I can create a personalised programme that’s exactly right for you. My support sessions are online and in the Clinic124, Whitstable, and the test kits are sent to your home (for the blood test I can arrange a nurse visit or a local blood draw). We can ship test kits to most countries in the world (depending on local laws and customs regulations). Contact me if you’d like more information on which countries we can ship to.
What makes my programmes unique?
TESTS – I use state of the art functional tests that are not available on the NHS or in mainstream medicine to look for the root cause of your symptoms. Here are some of the tests I use regularly:
- Hormones - I use the most accurate and sophisticated hormone test in the world today. It’s a urine test measuring 4 samples over 24 hours. It gives us a comprehensive look at your sex hormone levels but also their metabolites. This shows a much bigger picture of how hormones are actually behaving, and crucial information about what might be causing your symptoms. We also test adrenal hormones so that we can see how your body is dealing with stress (crucial for your other hormones).
- Thyroid health - the Thyroid pathway involves several different thyroid hormones, and standard testing does not measure them all. It’s important to test all of the markers that can indicate a potential thyroid weakness or auto-immune condition so that we can address the root cause and not just the symptoms. We look at TSH, T4, T3 and thyroid antibodies to identify any weakness in your thyroid health. And crucially we are looking for ‘optimal’ levels not just ‘normal’.
- Blood panel - Well Person Comprehensive Blood Panel looks at full blood count, liver, kidney, heart, Diabetes, inflammation and key nutrients.
- Gut health – I use the most comprehensive and advanced stool test on the market currently. It utilises cutting-edge technology to provide a true DNA-based assessment of your gut microbiome from a single stool sample. Key markers include bacteria (beneficial and pathogenic), yeast, fungus, parasites, inflammation, enzyme status, immune markers.
- DNA Genetic Testing – a comprehensive nutrigenetics test that reports on gene variants in key biological processes that govern health and disease in the following areas; Lipid metabolism (heart health), Methylation, Detoxification, Inflammation and Oxidative stress, Insulin sensitivity, Bone health and Food responsiveness. It helps to identify genetic weaknesses in these pathways and so we can help improve, or mitigate these weaknesses using targeted diet, lifestyle and supplement interventions for better health, longevity, and disease risk mitigation.
MY SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE – these tests are super complex. I have invested time and money into gaining the specialist knowledge and experience to be able to properly interpret these tests and translate them into a personalised programme that gets the best results.
MY MISSION – I want every woman to thrive, not just survive. To feel better than they did in their younger years. I strive for OPTIMAL not just NORMAL. So you can live your best life NOW, not later.
Why isn’t this testing free?
- The state of the art tests I use are not available on the NHS or within most mainstream health providers (excluding some blood tests). They are only available to private practitioners.
- I have invested heavily in my education and training in nutrition and health, and continue this investment with ongoing CPD. These tests are very complex and need expert interpretation, as well as ongoing support to help you implement your programme.
- Each programme is bespoke to each individual client. There is no ‘cookie cutter’ general approach. You get a highly personalised and unique programme so that you get the best outcomes for your body and your health.
Are our programmes covered by health insurance?
Sadly not in most cases, and that is as frustrating for me as it is for you! In our medical system, it’s mostly NHS regulated services that are covered. But this may change, and if you find a company that does cover it, please let me know.
How much does it cost?
Costs vary according to which tests and programmes you need, but prices range from £450 to £1950. I offer payment plans over 3 months for those wanting to pay in stages.
How can I sign up for this?
Testing isn’t something you should be buying off the internet! These tests are very complex and need trained specialists to understand and interpret them for you. I need to speak to you first to learn more about you and assess whether I can help you. Simply email eva@eva- johnson.com and I will get an initial call arranged, free of charge or click here to book your call now.